Monday 27 October 2014

What I wore... Belated birthday meal

My husband's sister and her fiancé couldn't make it to my birthday celebrations so we decided to go out the week after for a meal instead with my mother in law and her partner too.

I was going to wear a swishy, bright midi skirt I'd only worn once before with my Kurt Geiger Nine West blue pointy shoes of perfection! 

To my absolute dismay and disgust, the rain came and did not go! It didn't let up at all, in fact, it gathered momentum and was tipping it down by late afternoon. It was that lights on in the house all day kinda weather.

My mood started to match the weather. I don't know if it's just me, but when my outfit plan is ruined by outside factors I have no control over, it sends me into a feeling of despair! "What's the point in even going now!" Does tend to cross my mind, and occasionally even my lips!

The hubby, as ever, was the calming person in all this and as usual told me to get over it and that I'd, of course, look "perfect in whatever" I chose to wear!

But that's just it, my choice has been taken from me! Alas, what is a girl to do?!

Pick another outfit woman! 

I'm not one for wearing jeans out. I think they're better suited for Saturday afternoon weekly shopping (supermarket and mall!) and I wouldn't dream of wearing them out out! However, desperate times call for desperate measures and I remembered the jeans I'd stumbled upon when on our minimoon in London.

I had a sudden great thought - my new Monki jeans, my new mint green jewel-necked gorgeous soft Dorothy Perkins jumper (which I was going to wear with the skirt) with those delicious blue pointy courts could well be the answer to my problems this frightful Sunday evening!

The jeans are soooo comfortable, as is the jumper.

Jumper: http://m.dorothyperkins.com/mt/www.dorothyperkins.com/en/dpuk/product/petite-203533/petite-knitwear-203657/petite-embellished-jumper-3131062?bi=25&ps=24
Jeans: Monki 39 Carnaby St, London W1F 7DP
Shoes: http://www.kurtgeiger.com/women/flax22-blue-satin-36-5-nine-west-shoe.html
Belt: years old, from Dorothy Perkins 

Moschino
bag last year (a Boxing Day bargain!)
Umbrella: Monki 39 Carnaby St, London W1F 7DP


The skirt I'd planned on wearing (it was just too cold and wet!)
Similar: http://m.dorothyperkins.com/mt/www.dorothyperkins.com/en/dpuk/product/petite-203533/petite-skirts-203660/petite-plum-pleated-midi-skirt-3184412?bi=1&ps=24

No comments:

Post a Comment