Saturday 25 October 2014

Get your popcorn out... It's Movie Night on ITV

My Saturday night. When the person who has minimal knowledge of music becomes critic and judges each act from the comfort of my own comfy reclining sofa!

I didn't like the first two acts Jake and Only The Young. I usually like them and there's no denying they all have great voices, I suppose it was just the song choices?!

Even Lauren Platt's rendition of the popular 'Let it go' from Frozen wasn't as strong as the original (I can't help compare).

I've loved Jay James for 2 weeks running - I thought his version of '500 Miles' was amazing last week, and would be a perfect processional song, or even a first dance. The lyrics really stood out when sung in ballad form. I thought his 'Skyfall' tonight was good - I love the husky part of his voice! The same with Jack Walton I enjoyed his version of an old guilty favourite of mine - 'Eye of the Tiger'.

Andrea Faustini is in another league! Absolutely effortless and smooth. I just personally wouldn't buy the kinda songs his voice suits to sing.

Paul Akister was strong, as usual, I enjoy listening to his songs and liked he picked one that sped up and got a bit 'rockier' towards the end! Something to dance to! 

Lola Saunders was just as good this week as she was last week - wasn't sure about the highlights but they did suit her. 
It's a big song to sing but I felt she did it justice.

Stevie was ever the entertainer! He clearly enjoyed every moment of his energetic 'Footloose'! 

This week, the band that should be called Oct-agonal but are called Stereo Kicks were the strongest they've ever been. Their rendition of 'Let it be' was strong and they worked well together.

The bottom line is, they're all a lot better than I could ever dream of being! These are just my personal opinions, and I can very occasionally ;-) be wrong!

The man who closed the show has been one of mine and my husband's favourites from the beginning. Ben did not disappoint tonight! Loved his version of a classic 'Don't wana miss a thing'.

My favourite though has been my favourite since she smashed 'Bang Bang' by Jessie J, Nicki Minaj & Ariana Grande at the judges' houses stage... Ooo la la Lady Marmalade! I love you Fleur East!

No comments:

Post a Comment