Monday 27 October 2014

The Rule of Shopping

This happened to me last weekend! I tried on some boots that were in the sale in House of Fraser but we were in a rush and my husband said "I'm sure you have a similar pair" I strongly disagreed - I have black boots. Yes. Of course I own black boots. I own black hiiiigh heel shoe-boots for going out, black lace-up small chunky heel shoes boots with a fleece lining for winter and a pair of flat heel black Chelsea boots. But I distinctly did not own a pair of chunky black low heel ankle boots!

I felt they would be perfect for work AND going out. With jeans AND dresses. And even better, they were in the sale!

Anyway, I didn't buy them but I promised myself as I waved at them as I left the shop until I could no longer see them... That if I kept thinking about them I will get them! I was a little worried about this working out - they were in the sale and someone else might realise their worth and snap them up!

It wasn't until I was laying in bed that I really started to feel my life wouldn't be complete without said boots! (I am quite melo-dramatic, if I need to point it out!) I surreptitiously reached for my phone in the dark and Googled 'Kurt Geiger Carvela black boots sale'. My husband asked what I was doing and I explained the serious necessity of the situation. He knew when he was beaten! 
I scrolled down lots of different shoes & boots and with each unsuccessful row, I got more panicky! I finally found them http://www.kurtgeiger.com/stitch-black-nubuck-40-carvela-kurt-geiger-shoe.html 
They did not have my size! I knew then when I was beaten, so I left it to fate and went to bed.

We were going out to dinner the following day with friends, so we popped into House of Fraser and lo and behold there they were, waiting patiently  to come home with me! I said to my husband "should I or not?!" He said "I tried to talk you out of them yesterday, but you couldn't sleep last night for thinking about them - get them!"

I can't afford to buy brands such as Kurt Geiger without there being a sale, so this was obviously meant to be, just like the pointy blue shoes from the post 'The Girl in the Blue Shoes' which also had over 50% off the original price. Thank you Mr Geiger.

Now, they are where they belong!

Kurt Geiger Carvela 'Stitch' black boots - shopped at House of Fraser 

No comments:

Post a Comment