Friday 24 October 2014

Reminiscing Mrs

Wow! I made it!! This is my first ever post on my first ever blog! I have been thinking about doing a blog for a while. I have been reading more and more blogs I have come across on other social media, and they are addictive! So, I thought to myself, I love sharing WHAT I WORE and also my own opinions on life in general and here I am!

As my blog title suggests, I am a newlywed. Now, I don't let that define me, but I am hugely proud to to be married to such a great man. I enjoy hearing "mrs..." a lot! I enjoy looking through our photos, and chatting to fellow newlyweds and brides to be.

I am now going to type something maybe controversial. I am glad it's over. In a way. No, no, don't start a witch-hunt on me! Let me explain. The worries - that it's going to rain/ be too hot, that the dress won't fit, the shoes will hurt, they will have double-booked us, my husband would forget something, people cancelling on us... The list is endless! Whilst these were all (just about) worth it, I wouldn't want to go back! I have had a few 10 second pangs when looking through photos, and talking about the big day that make me think "ooo take me back! I want to be toasting my full 'Mrs' champers glass in my gorgeous +Pronovias  wedding gown smiling til my face ached!" Then, my senses return to an even kilter and I remember all the stresses. Don't get me wrong, I ADORED our day more than you'll ever know, I am just glad we did it, it's in the memory bank and we can concentrate on us again!

One thing that stressed me out a lot was when people cancelled after the RSVP return date... I won't go into it too much but I lost a few friends because of how they treated me over the 10 months we were engaged.

Planning a wedding is no mean feat, and it does take up a lot of your time. There's the Giving of Notice at your local Registry Office, cake making, favour sorting, table-plan creating, invitation designing, dress-swishing and shoes strutting!

Speaking of invitations, I have one for the evening reception for a friend of mine I have never met before! The power of social media! Needless to say, every waking thought (and some sleeping ones too!) are filled with pretty dress outfit options.

There are so many positive things about weddings, but the main thing for me was seeing everyone who loves me and my now-husband together... That doesn't even happen at Christmas anymore! And, if you follow +Love My Dress on +Instagram their hashtag Share the honest love (no spaces) to remind everyone it's not all about the wedding day as such, your shared love and commitment for the rest of your lives are even more important.


No comments:

Post a Comment