Saturday 25 October 2014

"The Girl in the Blue Shoes"

A few weeks ago, it was that time of year again for jelly (vodka, naturally!), ice cream (with cake, of course) and the continuous opportunity to wear pretty outfits! Yes, it was my day of birth celebrations. I was 20-something and quite a bit closer to 30 now! Still younger than the hubby though 😝

We had lots of celebrations this year, and also went out to celebrate the date he proposed a year ago and an old friend's birthday.

I've put a picture on of what I wore for each occasion.
The berry coloured dress with the lace detail and full skirt was bought online from www.dorothyperkins.com, it's from an online brand called Chi Chi Clothing London http://www.chichiclothing.com
The mint jumper was also a Dorothy Perkins find. My jeans in the pic are from Monki 39 Carnaby St, London W1F 7DP

Separate posts to follow on both outfits.

The jumpsuit is last season River Island. The belt came with it, is elastic so you can wear it at varying parts of your waist in accordance with whatever outfit you wear it with. It's dry clean only which is the only annoying thing about it... Oh and having to get unchanged every time you pay a visit to the little girls' room! The black court shoes, I'd say they're mid-heel as I'm used to wearing much higher than that, but I knew there was going to be lots of walking involved that night! They are from Dorothy Perkins once again, but were in the sale 10 weeks ago, a total bargain and really comfortable!

The blue dress is also olddd (and I mean over 3 years old!) and was a Primark special! It's got thin string ribbon to tie and it's button up so you can wear it high on your chest but I wanted it to look more casual than shirt-like. The belt came with it - a thin, patent black.

Now for the Pièce de résistance... The part of the outfits that is the reason behind the Confessions of a Shopaholic-esque title of this post...

The SHOES! The SHOES! Ahh, the shoes! My beloved blue, pointy 'Carrie Bradshaw' Nine West Kurt Geiger courts 😍
http://www.kurtgeiger.com/flax22-blue-satin-42-nine-west-shoe.html

What more do I need to say?! They are stunning, gorgeous, perfect... I'm a lil bit in love if you couldn't tell!



No comments:

Post a Comment