Sunday 9 November 2014

Idiots Abroad!

All summer and through winter too, people go on holiday. How do I know they've gone on holiday? They post it on social media for the world to see.

I used to do this, when I lived at home with my family. So when I boarded that plane to paradise, the rest of my family were all at home still. The house wasn't left empty. My now-husband did too... He even had a daily (to hourly) countdown for a 2010 holiday, back in the days of having Facebook!

We choose not to post now until we get back from any trip... Because we've since moved out.

It may sound like common sense but I see so many people who live alone posting on all social media that they're away. Some even use their own full name on their accounts, so the ability for any unsavoury characters to find out their address is even easier. (I always use a pseudo name on social media - it makes me feel a lil detached and a lil more secure). I still don't post that I'm away.

I see mountains of pictures of 'hotdog legs' and ancient ruins, with interesting captions. 
Don't get me wrong, I love your holiday photos. I just feel it'd be safer to post them once you're back, and you're not advertising to the world that your place is empty. 

Just my view on something I feel I have to protect - our home, our processions. I do post loads of ours on my social media, I enjoy sharing our time away with my cyber friends. When we are back home.

Photo credit: Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment