Saturday 8 November 2014

Dear Diary... Date night

I love going on dates. I enjoy getting dressed up in something that will impress my date, and myself, when I look in the mirror! (If you don't love yourself, how can you expect others to?!) I love choosing what to wear, what shade lipstick to put on, how to make up my eyes, what shoes, coat and bag will finish the outfit off perfectly.
I love choosing where to go on a date, what I'm going to eat, the opportunity for intimate one to one communication. 

It's even better when you're dating someone you know inside out, you care about more than words can express, yet the thought of being in this person's presence still makes your butterflies flutter and your pulse pulsate.

Photo credit: found on Twitter

Tonight, I went on a date with my husband. He really fancied an Indian meal and we haven't had one in a while.

We were driving to our usual one, which is round the corner to our parents' houses and about a 40 minute drive away from our house. As we got to the first roundabout - there's a restaurant at one of the exits, called Voujon, Orsett.

We have been eyeing this Indian restaurant up since we moved in a year ago. It was pouring with rain and we were both hungry. My husband sailed straight past the turn-off we take to go to my parent's town, and pulled into the restaurant car park. I love people who can make a decisive decision - I am definitely not one of these people!

We have been trying to not have too many take-aways or nights out, to save a little for our honeymoon (when we get round to booking one!) but a friend had mentioned she fancied an Indian, and it put the idea in our heads!

They accommodated us immediately, despite being busy and us not having booked a table and the service was spot-on. The food was delicious and piled high! I could not manage to finish it. The staff were so attentive. It was such an upbeat, bustling atmosphere but with a real air of sophistication. 

I chose to have a bit of everything and went for a mixed Tandoori - with flavoured chicken and lamb. I couldn't finish it! My husband helped me out a little, and managed to polish off all of his food! It was well worth the money it cost. It won't be a weekly occurrence, but what a perfect treat for a rainy late Autumn Saturday evening.

What I wore

Ready!




No comments:

Post a Comment