Wednesday 27 September 2017

Preparing for Baby Loss Awareness Week

Baby Loss Awareness Week is the 9th-15th October. This is the week where we are encouraged to raise awareness of the experiences of baby loss, and the overwhelming feelings and lifelong consequences it provokes.


By sharing their stories, this can help both the people who have experienced such loss, and those who hear their tale to understand a little more of what they have gone through. Support can be shown and awareness raised by wearing a ribbon on a badge, which easily attaches to lanyards and jackets. On the 15th October, globally recognised as the Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day; people are encouraged to light a candle to create a Wave of Light.


I have already purchased my badge, which took less than a week to arrive. More information on where to buy a badge, and other ways of raising awareness and breaking the taboo, can be found here https://babyloss-awareness.org/get-involved/ this includes a list of charities that sell the badge.


I chose to purchase my ribbon from the Miscarriage Association website. This site was so helpful to me for providing information, particularly at the time of choosing my options (both my miscarriages have been missed miscarriages therefore I've needed to choose how to complete both miscarriages).




My badge, alongside the card from the Miscarriage Association 

No comments:

Post a Comment