Sunday 30 October 2016

(1) Clomid Month 2...

I was so, so down over the 2WW (Two Week Wait) of my second month of medicated cycle. I kept seeing pregnancy announcements, Throwback Thursday's of positive tests & close-up scan pictures, hearing talk about babies EVERYWHERE.



I didn't dare dream of anything and simply logged my symptoms daily so I could keep track.

I'd been to my normal post-Clomid scan on cycle day 11 from taking my 50mg Clomid on cycle days 2-6 again.
At that internal ultrasound, we were told that FOUR follicles had grown - one 20mm, one 18mm & one 14mm! I was shocked as this ovary the previous month was still polycystic, with no dominant follicle. The other ovary at this second month's ultrasound had a further 19mm follicle totalling 4!

I was told to expect to ovulate within 12-36 hours...
And was instructed to NOT use the trigger injection I'd been prescribed the month before as, in the words of the fertility nurse, I was "over-cooked"!!

That whole following week (6 days in total) I was in pain. I had deep pelvic cramps and a warm bath barely touched the sides. It was so confusing - what was going on?! Had I ovulated?! Was I getting OHSS?? Was I left with an over-grown cyst that had failed to release??

Anyway, the 2WW was excruciating. The over-riding thought in my mind was "why would it happen this month?! It never has before"
I had one symptom that felt slightly different... Nipple soreness (hey, no one said it would be glamorous!) 
Wednesday afternoon (cycle day 27) at work I got really hot and felt sick. One of my colleagues winked conspiratorially at me... To which I snapped "no I won't be pregnant - that kind of things happens to other people not me!!" 
I'd been suffering hot flushes and headaches throughout this cycle so the uncomfortable temperature I felt, I simply put down to this.

I was expecting to start Cycle Day 1 by that Wednesday; Thursday at the latest as if I'd ovulated 14-16 days earlier I was due to come on at any time now...

No comments:

Post a Comment