Saturday 4 April 2015

Dressing for Spring

So, the clocks went forward last week. Que a million tweets and Instagram posts welcoming the official British Sunmer Time. Unfortunately, the weather didn't actually get the memo.

It's been all seasons this week in South-East England - we've had gale-force winds, hailstones, driving rain and beautiful sunshine (though sparingly). 

I desperately want spring to spring in to action now! I can't abide the winter - ever. Every year I dread it. From October I wish it was socially acceptable to hibernate til April! 

We went out for a meal and cocktails for a good friend's birthday on Good Friday. The big issue at this time of year, I'm sure you'll all agree, is what to wear.

It's that time of year half the population are still in uggs/ thigh-high boots and fur-lined coats and the other half are walking around in flip flops, ballet pumps and vest tops. For someone who has always felt the cold, I detest not being able to be one of those people who can put fashion above freezing!

So, I'd planned to wear a pink dress (shift, so there was room for food and cocktail consumption!) and mint green accessories. Is it just me, but mint and pink goes so well?! And they're such spring-y colours! 

Well, needless to say, black tights do not go with mint heeled courts. So when I'd got up and looked out the window and to my dismay, discovered grey clouds surrounded by more grey sky, I just couldn't face the bare-legged option. 
I naturally considered jeans, with courts. Now, I like jeans as much as the next person and I like to think when I do wear them I make them work for me by accessorising. But I did not want to go 'out out' wearing jeans. It's just not me. 

Then I had an eureka moment! Those floral trousers I bought the other week from Dorothy Perkins (petite, as always) were hanging in my wardrobe just biding their time. Waiting for a day just like this - too chilly for bare legs but too good for jeans! And, they feature pink and green floral detail. Perfect!

We had a fantastic day (and night) with our amazing friends, and I can't wait for all our spring and summer plans! Now, what to wear for the next time...?!

OOTD: necklace & bracelet; Forever 21 (last season)
Vest; old Topshop
Heels; New Look
Bag; Ted Baker
Trousers; Dorothy Perkins Petites

No comments:

Post a Comment