Tuesday 3 May 2016

Adam luckier than Eve when TTC?!

Many times do us females utter those words "men have it easy"!
Caught short on a road trip? There's a handy wall over there!
Periods since adolescence? No tampons in their bed-side drawer!
Hair everywhere - not a razor in sight for most of them!

Sorry, this isn't a sexist post. It's not, I promise! After speaking to a few ladies and whilst laying on the examination bed yet again (I'll spare the details) I had a little chuckle to myself when I was waiting for the consultant to come round the curtain...

All most of the guys have to do on this infertility journey is daydream about Kelly Brook for 5 minutes and job done!

Us - and bearing in mind I'm only at the start of our journey so my list isn't conclusive - we go through the smear tests, chlamydia tests, swabs, ultrasounds, dye squirted into your strands of spaghetti (AKA Fallopian tubes) poked, prodded, countless blood tests... And that's all before the possibility of doing most of that all over again through pregnancy!! 

You know when you're becoming a veteran TTC'er when you finish the lady with the gloves on's sentence "go behind the curtain and..." (in unison) "remove everything from the waist down..." {here is where one could quip "if that was all I needed to do - I wouldn't need to be here ;-) hehe!} 

This post is just light-hearted, my husband had a good giggle as I read it to him and a few ladies on a similar path as us I think will be nodding along whilst reading!

As always, thanks for reading! T'is my life, that's all xx

No comments:

Post a Comment