Sunday 13 March 2016

Sunday reminiscing...

I remember when it was 21st birthdays, then 25th. Now we're onto 30th celebrations!

Back in our late teens/early 20s it was all about fancy dress, alcopops and cheap champers! Staying out every night until closing - Monday was student night £1 a drink! Tuesday was my favourite- all the cheesy tunes! Paying £10 every Friday and Saturday to get into a club where they played bongos on stage. Back in those days you could go out alone and be guaranteed to see people you knew, it was home from home!
When the biggest thing you worried about was what to wear. 
21st birthdays were filled with bar crawls, fancy dress (yes me and 8 friends went out dressed as bunny girls for the night!!) and dancing all night!

Last night, I went to my friend's 30th celebrations. There, we spoke about the merits of red wine with steak, our favourite white wine, puppies and babies! There was plenty of dancing and drinking still going on (that will never change - I hope!) It was just noticeable how the topics of conversation have changed so much in the space of 5-10 years! 
I do love reminiscing about our time in our early 20s but I feel grateful we have been given the opportunity to grow up, to have our own house (and puppy). Yes, with that comes responsibility but at our age now, is that really a bad thing?
My husband and I often talk about if we are not blessed with a child (I say child not children cos let's face it - one is difficult enough to try to create, can scarcely hope for 2!)
For a while now, we have become sure we are ready (as ready as you can ever be for that). We often - to make ourselves feel better if it doesn't happen - talk about how much more freedom we would have if it never happens... But the fact still remains we have changed. I love dancing - always, but feel ready to tackle that next step in life if it ever comes. 

Oh, I forgot to mention - the hemlines get longer too!

No comments:

Post a Comment